As the government has made FASTag mandatory, people are rushing to know how to buy FASTag online. Through FASTag, vehicles passing through toll plazas can make contactless payments.
What is FASTag?
FASTag is a tag that is simple to use and enables automatic toll charges deduction so that you can easily pass the toll plaza without having to stop for the cash transaction, which used to take a lot of time. FASTag is connected to a prepaid account from which the amount for the toll plaza is deducted.
What are the benefits of FASTag?
There are many benefits of FASTag, which is why the government has made it mandatory. Here are a few of the benefits of FASTag:
- It saves plenty of time.
- No need to carry cash
- You can get a monthly pass.
- Easy FASTag recharge using app or website
- SMS alerts for every transaction
How to buy FASTag?
The government has made it easy to buy FASTag through several modes. You can purchase it online or from the store.
To purchase FASTag online, you can use any eCommerce portal like (Paytm or Amazon) or any certified bank. If you want to buy FASTag from the store, you will have to visit a point of sale at national highway toll plazas.
You can recharge your FASTag by linking it with your bank account or by keeping the funds in the wallets. You can make payment through any online mode using credit card/debit card/RTGS/ Net banking/ NEFT etc.
Where to buy FASTag online?
- ICICI bank FASTag portal – To buy FASTag, go to icicibank.com/fastag. If you are a new customer, click on ‘Apply Now.’ You will automatically be directed to the FASTag application page, where you will need to fill out the details that are asked and proceed with the payment. Once you have made the payment, the order will get processed, and the FASTag will be dispatched to your address.
- Airtel Payments bank – Visit airtel.in/bank/fastag-pay-toll-online/buy and enter your vehicle registration number and upload vehicle RC. After verifying all the details, you will have to make the online payment. The best part is that Airtel Payments Bank offers you a cashback of Rs.50, which will be automatically credited to your Airtel wallet after 48 hours. FASTag will be delivered to your address after 6-8 days of applying. And you can do Fastag recharge from anywhere and anytime from it.
- Google Pay – Go to Google Pay and click on the ‘ICICI bank FASTag.’ Select ‘Buy new FASTag,’ then enter your PAN details, vehicle number, and address. An OTP will be sent to verify your mobile number. Now proceed with the payment. Once the payment is made, FASTag will be sent to your address.
You can easily recharge the tag with funds online using internet banking, UPI, credit card, debit card, etc. The minimum recharge value for the FASTag account is Rs. 100. Another thing to keep in mind is that the FASTag account is only valid for five years. The government of India has recently made FASTag mandatory to avoid vehicular traffic near the toll plaza.