Fans are one of the best ways to cool down the atmosphere of a closed area and get air moving. There are various types of fans available on the market. Technology is getting more advanced with every passing day, and so are the electrical components. Fans are no exception. Fans can cool down an area with the axial flow and proper ventilation. This article will focus on explaining the different types of fans available on the market, particularly HVLS fans handled by an HVLS fan controller. HVLS stands for High Volume Low-Speed fans, also known as industrial fans. Fans were invented back in 300 B.C. Since that time, fans have continuously developed with different changes.
Today, there are the latest and most eye-catching designs available on the market. They are stylish and can serve people with all their ventilation or cooling needs. Here are the top five different types of fans that are in high demand in the market:
- Ceiling fan: This is the most common fan found in every household. They are also known as mechanical fans since they are powered by electricity. As the name suggests, they are mounted from the ceiling of a room and come with three, four, or more blades. The blades circulate air evenly to create a pleasant atmosphere. They are affordable and can easily be transferred from one place to another. The ceiling fans were introduced by Philip Diehl back in 1882. A regulator controls them to increase or decrease the speed.
- Table Fans: After the ceiling fans, the table fans come in as the second most popular fans. They are appropriate for use on the floor, table, or solid base. They are convenient, portable, and versatile. Unlike the HVLS fan controller, it comes with a manual controller rather than being adjusted to a certain speed. One can regulate them in the desired direction.
- Tower fans: A tower fan is another popular model that is quite different from the model of a regular fan. It comes with a tall, tower-like design and is quite affordable. It is one of the most popular cooling appliances that works as an air purifier. It can blow air at a 90-degree angle, allowing it to pull the air outside. The unique mechanism of the tower fans can circulate the air inside. The model of this type of fan is perfect for small spaces.
- Pedestal fans: These fans are famous for their amazing cooling ability and super versatility. They are extremely light and portable, so one can easily move from one place to another. The pedestal fans are multi-functional and come with speed control ability.
- Exhaust fans: They are mainly used to provide ventilation support in kitchens, bathrooms, and other closed spaces. The exhaust fans are appropriate to purify the air, preventing excessive heat from building up. They can ventile the entire area by rotating at a high speed. They can regulate the temperature in an area with their high-speed quality.
- Industrial fans: Industrial fans are also popular as HVLS fans. These industrial blowers are usually larger than any other fans. The main purpose of the industrial fans is to allow a large amount of air with their large blades. The rotating blades are powered by motor turbines that can have continuous airflow. Not only for cooling purposes but they are also used for cleaning, exhausting, drying, etc.
This was all about the different types of fans. The second part of the article will focus on the different types of industrial fans. The HVLS fans are usually used in broad areas like factories, stations, or theatres. These fans have larger blades with aerodynamic designs. They are good at air circulation instead of low speed. But how to choose the right HVLS fan? Here are some tips that one can consider as a buying guide for such fans.
- Types of fans: Not all industrial fans have the same operating system. The axial fans draw air with an HVLS fan controller and discharge it in the same direction. On the other hand, the centrifugal fans can draw air into the housing, discharging it towards 90 degrees. One should first determine what type of air movement is required and then choose the product.
- Ducting: The second most important thing to consider is ducting, which is important for performance and efficiency. Compactness, cost, design, and other factors depend on the ducting.
- Total airflow: This is another important factor one should check before buying industrial fans. The CFM, or cubic feet of air per minute, is a crucial point to consider.
- Static pressure: Check the static pressure of the fan or the resistance to the airflow. The static pressure is responsible for moving the air through the filter, host, and pipe. One should check the density, air temperature, and altitude before buying an industrial fan.
Benefits of HVLS fans
- These fans come with an HVLS fan controller that can achieve energy efficiency goals. They use less energy, bringing down the actual temperature of the industrial area. The high volume, low-speed fans can circulate air, creating a cooling effect.
- They have the power to improve the air quality of a building, which is great for the health of the employees. Improved ventilation of an area is always effective in increasing the airflow within a particular area.
- A comfortable working atmosphere with a comfortable temperature. When the temperature is too high, the employees can’t work comfortably. As a result, productivity gets hampered. This is why it is better to invest in high volume low-speed fans.
After knowing all the facts about industrial fans, it’s crucial to know where to purchase them. Whether to buy an HVLS fan controller, motor, or the entire fan, one should rely on a trusted brand to buy them. Check for online reviews before investing. People who love to shop online should prefer to buy industrial fans only from a reliable platform. Also, make sure they have easy return and exchange options.